MELITEK is a privately owned Danish company specialising in elastomer and polymer compounds based on 30 years’ experience servicing the healthcare market. MELITEK offer a broad range of meliflex materials (PE, PP, TPE, TPO and COC based compounds) that are produced according to GMP and ISO with an extensive medical service package.
MELITEK´s mission is to supply new innovative and sustainable technologies, which offer our customers advantages within areas of product innovation, process improvements, higher safety and improved sustainability for enhanced profitability.
MELITEK is dedicated to offer the best service for our customers. This is possible as we have a team that is devoted to value added service, we strive to meet individual customer needs and we have extensive application know-how based on many years of experience in the healthcare business.
MELITEK has a long history in providing PVC-free solutions for flexible films for primary packaging and tubing applications and has already supplied commercial solutions to the healthcare market for 15-20 years. At MELITEK, we are proud to be one of the suppliers with the longest commercial history in the market for PVC substitutions.
MELITEK produce and offers innovative elastomer (TPE) and polyolefin (TPO) compounds specially designed to meet the strict requirements of medical devices and pharmaceutical packaging applications. Available for film tubing and moulding, meliflex materials adds value and are cost-efficient alternatives to e.g. flexible PVC and TPU.
Further, we offer customized polymer compounds based on PE, PP, COC, ABS, PC, PS, TPE, TPO and TPV (meliflex XC range) for healthcare and advanced technical applications that are tailored to specific customer requirements on colour and additive functionality.
We are privately owned and are proud to supply to some of the world’s largest healthcare companies for their key products. Our customer’s success is our success, thus we value the strong partnerships we enjoy with our customers.
In addition to our production of elastomer and polymer compounds, we are proud to be European distributor of polypropylene resins from INVISTA (USA) since more than 25 years as well as APAO products from REXtac (USA).
Since our foundation in 1979, we have sold the Blow-Fill-Seal (BFS) machine system from rommelag® in the Scandinavian market. rommelag® is inventor of BFS technology and is about to celebrate 50 years anniversary. BFS systems offer very cost efficient and unique aseptic packaging of pharmaceuticals from 0,1 ml to 5 litre containers in either PE, PP or multilayer co-extrusion.
- 2022: New compounding line installed
- 2022: New production hall completed
- 2021: Warehouse expansion onsite
- 2020: Switching all energy consumption to wind power
- 2019: Installation of three silos for resin supply
- 2018: ISO 13485:2016 approved
- 2017: New lab and infrastructure
- 2016: New line (#4) – dedicated to small and medium size orders
- 2014: New high efficiency plant II
- 2008: Extension of high efficiency plant
- 2003: New high efficiency plant in Nr. Alslev
- 1998: Technology transfer and production start of compounds
- 1989: Medical compound sale
- 1987: Polymers (PE, PP) sale in Europe for Flint Hills Resources
- 1986: Established in Denmark
- 1979: Established in Sweden as a trading company