MELITEK provides through our cooperation with rommelag®, the unique bottelpack® Blow-Fill-and Seal technology to clients in Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
The advantages of the bottelpack® technology:
- Storage of empty containers are eliminated
- Cleaning and pre-sterilisation process and equipment is eliminated
- Filling and sealing is handled in one machine
- Unique container designed vials are filled aseptically
- The required GMP production area is reduced
- The target applications for the bottelpack® packaging system range from small volume unit doses of 0,1 ml to large volume parenterals of up to 1000 ml
- The raw material range from polyethylene (PE) to polypropylene (PP)
- NEW: Co-extruded containers for oxygen sensitive products
Typical large volume parenterals applications are:
- Intravenous solutions
- Irrigation solutions
- Desinfection liquids
- Contact lens rinsing solutions
- Urological products
- Blood expanders
- Contrast medias for X-ray
Typical small volume parenterals applications are:
- Eye, ear and nose drops
- Eye irrigation
- Inhalation therapy liquids
- Wound cleaning
- Creams and ointments
- Local anaesthetics
- Saline solutions
- Standard injectables
- Contact lens liquids
Rommelag company profile
The rommelag® organization consists of several factories and commercial offices.
Today, there are three distribution companies of the bottelpack® packaging system; rommelag® ag in Switzerland, rommelag® GmbH in Germany and rommelag® USA Inc. in New Jersey USA.
The machines are designed and manufactured in two sites; in Germany and Switzerland.
In addition, the rommelag® organization runs four contract packaging plants with almost 50 BFS machines in Germany and Switzerland.
The group is privately owned and has above 1100 employees.