New standard range of meliflex XM compounds
MELITEK introduces a new standard range of the well known meliflex XM TPE compounds for medical moulding applications.
With the new XM range MELITEK has commercialized a series of standard compounds dedicated to the injection moulding industry. As with all meliflex materials the materials contain various approvals for use in the medical/pharmaceutical field.
Main features are:
- Hardness range from 5 to 95 Shore A
- Resistance against Gamma, Beta/E-Beam and EtO sterilization
- Easy processing, no pre-drying required
- Excellent bonding to PP, PE and EVA
- Phthalate, Latex and Bisphenol free
- No substances listed on ECHA's Candidate List of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC)
- No substances of animal origin
Based on these standard materials several specific compounds are developed for:
- Bonding to polar substrates e.g. PA, ABS, PC etc.
- Medical stoppers
- Drip chambers (with possibility for solvent bonding)
- Customized colours and laser marking/welding
meliflex products are dedicated to medical applications and are offered with extensive medical service package that includes:
- Change control management
- Full traceability
- Compliance statement on eg. USP 88 (class VI) and ISO 10993-5